4/15/13

A light little thing in honor of spring


This time of year I love to have the windows cracked open and not just for the cool breeze. It seems apropos that the sound of children playing accompanies the days getting longer and brighter.

The vanguard are firing up their grills and barbecue smoke seeps in on the breeze.

As the  lawns work on getting green, I think I actually like the winter snow. Without it would I love springs so much? Would everyone be talking about the weather so much? Would we be coming out of our houses with the same optimism?

I know I certainly loosen up as the house airs  out. I'm more likely to let things ride. I'm much more likely to not do laundry if it means more time for frisbee with my son, or an early sunday dinner followed by a movie with the family.

There are, however, things that I do get fussier about when the sun is out. For instance, my white car will be spotless from now until the snow returns. The deck furniture will be clean and my barbecue tools will be ready at a moment's notice.

It is almost time for Jimmy Buffett  and renewing our beach passes. Let the DVRs fill! Let the winter bug out bags become weekend getaway bags.

Before we know it, it will be time to pull out the tent, the kayak and marshmallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment